Downspout Filter - Slim Line
Tired of clogged underground landscape pipes or damaged mesh filters on the top of your rain barrel?
Keep leaves and other large debris from entering or landing on the top of your rain barrel and clogging up your fine screen mesh with an Aquabarrel Slim Line Downspout Filter.
Remove the debris from your downspout before it becomes a problem for your rain barrel or underground pipes!
Features and Benefits:
- Downspout filters are installed in-line on your downspouts where you can reach them.
- Catches debris larger than 1/8".
- Removable sturdy aluminum basket.
- Great for filtering downspouts that empty into rain barrels, water containment systems or underground drainage systems.
- No screens to get damaged or need replacing.
- 3" x 4" body and about 13.25" tall
Downspout Filter - Slim Line - Manual Clean Out - Example Pictures
3x4 body with reduction to 2x3 inlet
3x4 body with reduction to 2x3 outlet
- Cut your downspout (we suggest they be installed at about eye level or at the very least where you can reach them without a ladder) and insert the downspout into the top of the Slim Line Downspout Filter. Be careful not to push the downspout down so far into the body of the downspout filter that you are not able to remove the filter basket!
- Measure from the bottom of the Slim Line Downspout Filter to the ground plus one inch and trim the bottom downspout section to that length.
- Insert bottom of Slim Line Downspout Filter into trimmed downspout section.
- To secure the downspout filter to the wall; remove the basket; use an appropriate screw size and style and screw right through the back of unit and in to the wall. Make sure your existing downspout is secure to the wall too with downspout straps.
Do your downspouts empty into a landscape pipe or underground drain? Here is a simple solution to collect leaves and large debris and keep them from clogging your underground drainage pipes. Aquabarrel® downspout filters are manufactured from the same high quality aluminum that your downspouts and gutters are made from. The 1/8" diameter holes allow for rain water to flow through while trapping larger downspout clogging leaves and debris.
Are the sticks and leaves exiting the downspout damaging your rain barrel screens? Use a downspout filter to collect the large debris before it can get to your rain barrel and destroy your rain barrel screens. Aquabarrel® designed rain barrels benefit from having this downspout filter in place to minimize debris entering the rain barrel.
Clean as often as necessary to minimize build up and clogging.